Our School Mission Statement
Learning for life, loving God
Ourselves and others.
Valuing all of His creation
Enabling us to do our best
Our school Values
Using the passage from the Corinthians we have created our school values.
Love never hurries, it is always kind.
It is not jealous, and never boasts of greatness.
Love is not rude or selfish.
It is always ready to forgive and forget mistakes we make.
Love is no friend of wickedness, but delights in honesty and truth.
Love is strong and never gives up.
It never loses its trust in God or its hopes for the future.
Love will survive all things because it is everlasting.
Our Mission and values are at the core of everything we do as we try to live out the Gospel. They underpin our teaching and learning, and are the living mission of our school; known and talked about by all our children and staff. We believe this helps us to provide an environment which is caring and stimulating and which prepares our pupils well as confident, happy people.
As a school we aim to:
- Help everyone in our school to grow towards God through love, prayer, respect and learning.
- Maintain effective relationships between home, school, parish and the wider community involving parents fully in their children's learning and the life of the school.
- Provide high quality teaching and learning opportunities for all.
- Promote life-long learning following the Gospel.
- Encourage a caring and considerate attitude, whereby each child develops a sense of acceptance, understanding and appreciation of others, demonstrating a way of life as Christian witnesses.
- Develop each child's knowledge, skills and understanding through a rich and stimulating curriculum.
- Foster each child's curiosity, creativity and respect for all of God's creation as they develop spiritually, morally, physically and socially.
- Provide a secure and stimulating environment with equal opportunity for every child and adult in our school.
- To ensure clear communication across all members of our school community: children, parents, teachers and governors.
- Enable excellent opportunities for continuous professional development for all staff.
- Enable smooth transitions on entry to school, throughout and then on to secondary education.
Our School Values are displayed in every classroom and regularly discussed with the children. They highlight the importance of showing love to others, living as one body in God's family.